Hi. My name is Philipp Rieber.
I'm a passionate software engineer.
I'm 38 years old and I live in Munich, Germany.
I'm a full stack Software Engineer. I mainly develop completely customised web applications, APIs and focus on DevOps tasks. Thus, I'm not limited to a specific area and feel equally comfortable on the client as on the server side – as well as on the console, during software design stage, in a Scrum team or when exploring a customer's precise needs.
I'm working as a Senior Software Developer at ottonova, the first digital private health insurance in Germany. Before, I worked as a Senior Software Engineer at Paymill GmbH (which was all about payment) and at Session Digital GmbH/Inviqa (agency). I evaluated an InsurTech startup idea at WERK1 and worked for seven years as a web developer, team lead and deputy managing director of an internet agency (Onemedia GmbH). Besides, I advise and support some other projects.
For development I use a lot of different concepts, techniques, frameworks, toolkits and libraries - some more, some less.
- Travis CI
- Unit Tests
- Zend Framework
- Route 53
- Bash Scripting
- Symfony Ecosystem
- jQuery Mobile
- User Stories
- Zend Studio
- Design Patterns
- Elastic Beanstalk
- Action Script
- Symfony Components
- Hexagonal Architecture
- Twelve-Factor App
- Amazon Web Services
- PHP League
- Social Media
- JSON Schema
- Google APIs
Besides software development, I write and talk about it and like to support other developers. Every free minute I try new tools and libraries, read documentation, do tutorials, check IT news or watch video trainings. I love to constantly learn new things and to improve my skills.
I love to attend software development conferences and workshops. For example, I attended Symfony Live and the Symfony Day several times, as well as some roadshows, presentations or trainings from Adobe, Amazon and Microsoft.
Every now and then I write articles and books about software development or translate from English. In everyday work I'm also texting a lot for case studies, references or documentation. Occasionally I blog at blog.philipp-rieber.net.
Alice und Faker
March 2015, German PHPmagazin 3.15
Cover story, 8 pages, Teaser
July 2015, German PHPmagazin 5.15
7 pages, Read online
- Symfony in Plain English, DrupalCamp Munich 2016, 03.12.2016
- Customized Fixtures with Faker & Alice, SymfonyLive Cologne 2016, Video recording, 28.04.2016
- Customized Fixtures with Faker & Alice, Paymill GmbH, 22.04.2016
- Prophecy, Paymill GmbH, 11.03.2016
- Symfony from a bird's eye view, Drupal/Symfony User Group München, 17.02.2016
- How I use PhpStorm, Session Digital GmbH, 23.10.2015
- Connecting Xdebug to PhpStorm, Symfony User Group München, 29.09.2015
- Connecting Xdebug to PhpStorm, Session Digital GmbH, July 31, 2015
- Customized Fixtures with Faker & Alice, PHP User Group Munich, May 27, 2015
- Customized Fixtures with Faker & Alice, Symfony User Group Munich, May 11, 2015
- Symfony's OptionsResolver component, Symfony User Group Munich, September 26, 2012
- HTML5, Onemedia GmbH, January 17, 2012
- Project planing, Onemedia GmbH, September 23, 2009